Sponsored Links

Beauty Regimen: Skin Icing


Skin icing is a therapy popular among Korean women. 

I remember the time when I was little and I often watch my mom washing her face in the morning and at night. She's one of those girls who don't spend on moisturizer or any kind of face cream. Just plain Ivory soap and water followed by ice. The "ice thing is what made me curious".

Science behind skin icing:
When I asked her about it, she said the best way to clean face is by using warm water to open the pores, wash it with soap to unclog the pores, rinse it and NEVER forget to close the  pores by rubbing on some ice. 
We'll I'm not the kind of person that is so concerned about face routines, I don't actually follow any. Just wash using tap water and I'm done. But when acne starts to flare up on my face, this is what I do and I have proven it effective. I would  usually get lazy and stop the routine in a month once the acne is gone, but I have seen how effective it is.

Recently, I have noticed that skin icing has been going around and being adapted in many spas. They call it cryotherapy. And they claim that it destroys fat cells.  helps freshen the face, fights the formation of wrinkles, acne and heals blemishes. and promotes blood circulation. 

However, you don't need to visit a spa to get a cryotherapy. You can do skin icing on your own. Here are the basic steps:

1. Wash your face with soap and water. Warm water will help open the pores and helps unclog your skin. Black heads and acne are the usual results of clogged pores.

2.After washing your face with warm water, the pores remain open. Rubbing some ice will close those pores and prevent dust from clogging those pores again. Therefore minimizing infection that causes acne. 

I have tried adding a squeeze of lemon on the water before freezing it and   noticed it helps a lot with the blemishes. 

Instead of using plain ice. You can also use ice cold water. Try it and I promise you will feel the difference. Nothing to lose! 

1 comment:

  1. After checking out a few of the blog posts on your web site, I truly appreciate your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my web site as well and let me know what you think. hotmail sign in

    ReplyDelete